Our Senior Medical Officer oversee the clinical teams in the Market. Senior Medical Officer will be expected to manage, mentor, and guide the clinical “Community Medical Directors” as well as deliver primary, urgent and acute medical care to an assigned population of patients. A successful candidate will collaborate with various clinicians along with administrative/operational team(s) to deliver exceptional clinical, operational outcomes to WellBe patients and their families. The Senior Medical Officer will be a WellBe Ambassador responsible for working with community physicians, hospitals, and other medical facilities including SNF's as well as Health Plan clinical and administrative leaders. Senior Medical Officer at WellBe will be expected to contribute to our culture of collaboration, innovation, significant impact to the lives of our patients while experiencing personal growth The WellBe care model is a Physician Led Advanced Practice clinician driven geriatric care (care of older adults) team focused on the care of the frail, poly-chronic, elderly Medicare Advantage patients. This population is typically underserved and very challenged with access to care. To address these problems, we have elected to bring the care to the patient, instead of trying to bring the patient to the care. Care is provided throughout the entire continuum of care – from chronic care and urgent care in the home, to hospital, to skilled nursing facility, to assisted living, to palliative care, to end of life care. WellBe's physician/advanced practicing clinician led geriatric care teams’ partner with the patient’s primary care physician to provide concierge level geriatric medical care and social support in the home as well as delivering and coordinating across the entire care continuum.
within the organization.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Practices the WellBe mission: To help our patients lead healthier, meaningful lives by delivering the most Complete Care.
• Strategize with General Manger (GM) and other clinical leaders to address outcomes, growth, quality, innovative ways to manage the market and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
• Responsible for name and brand recognition in the Market, relationship development with community clinicians, exposure and liaisons to Health Plans, community organizations and new initiatives that could affect the Model of Care.
• Identify and develop team members for growth, reinforce vision, culture, metrics and strategy.
• Has a successful Dyad Relationship with the Market GM to achieve outcomes and growth.
• Understanding the impact on local and national landscape involving the WellBe clinical model consisting of: Health Policy, Socioeconomics, competition, CMS, regulatory, and other clinical data relevant to quality patient care.
• Prioritizes and acts on the most promising opportunities to improve outcomes/performance of the Market/Community metrics (i.e. clinical, cost/revenue, partnerships, and quality measures).
• Spends time fostering key relationships in the Community Network along with the Community Medical Director
• Develops relationships and Sponsor(s) within the Health Plans that are served
• Develops constructive Cross-functional / Matrix Relationships with WellBe business partners to enable the model.
• Senior Medical Officer will be responsible for floating within the community physician role as needed
• Other tasks needed to accomplish team’s objectives/goals
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
• Current and valid state medical license required
• 7+ years’ experience managing an interdisciplinary team
• 5+ years’ responsibility for managing a P&L
• 7+ years’ minimum experience as a community physician providing geriatric care.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Geriatric certified preferred
• Palliative care certified/focus preferred
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certified
• Have a valid driver’s license, have access to a car and willingness to drive to patient homes/patient location as well as an active auto insurance policy
• EHR medical documentation
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent bedside manner and time management skills
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have direct management authority.
Travel requirements: Travel may be required up to 100% locally.
Work Conditions: Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
• Moving lifting or transferring of patients may involve lifting of up to 50lbs as well as assist with weights of more than 100lbs.
• Ability to stand for extended periods
• Ability to drive to patient locations (ie. home, hospital, SNF, etc)
• Fine motor skills
• Visual acuity
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of this role.