Educational/ Experience Requirements:
- 2 years’ post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college
Licensure, Certification, or Regulatory Requirements:
- Coding certification through AAPC or AHIMA required- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) & Certified Coding Specialist (CCS-P), CCS, CPC
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience of ICD-9/10, CPT, HCPCS coding experience
- Experience in healthcare reimbursement or revenue cycle or several years of overall health care experience
- Knowledge of Risk Adjustment and Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC) and Medicare Advantage reimbursement a plus
- Knowledge of CMS coding guidelines
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology, disease process and anatomy and physiology
- Computer literate with medical billing software
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Microsoft Access
- Innovates new programs
- Execution and result oriented
- Ethics and integrity
- Attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have supervisory responsibility.
Travel requirements: This position will not have 0% travel required.
Work Conditions: Ability to lift up to 20lbs. Moving lifting or transferring of patients may involve lifting of up to 50lbs as well as assist with weights of more than 100lbs. Ability to stand for extended periods.
Ability to drive to patient locations (ie. home, hospital, SNF, etc). Fine motor skills/Visual acuity .
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of this role